This guide will help you find and run a District of Columbia inmate search online using a first and last name. Once complete anyone will have the tools to find inmate data, prison information, location of an inmate, court documents, parole information, and much more within a single online search. Let’s get started.
What are inmate and jail records?
Inmate and jail records are documents that will follow around an inmate when they move through the penal system. The DOC keeps track of all movements that happen and detail these inmate records into a database that is searchable. These records are create and stored from when the inmate first enters the system until they leave. Court dates, charges, mugshots, sentencing information, and more.
How to lookup inmate records in District of Columbia
Search service to find inmate records in District of Columbia
If your looking to find more then just inmate records, but all types of records including criminal data on someone with a simple name search then using a third-party search service is the tool you should use. All that is needed is a first and last name to start a search and you can gain access to arrest records, warrants, contact information, jail data, emails, address info, and much more.
BeenVerified background check service searches through billions of records and dozens of databases.
Department of Corrections
Location: District of Columbia
Inmate population: 3,373
DOC’s most wanted list
To locate an inmate contact the department records office at 202-523-7060. If your a victim and have the full name or inmates ID number you can receive updates that happen automatically of the inmates movements by registering with VINE. 1-877-329-7894
District of Columbia Inmate statistics
The DOC manages and operates state housing facilities for there inmate population. There are roughly 3,300 inmates within the two prisons systems. Mostly the population is male around 94% with the other 6% being female.
Currently there is roughly 36,000 people on probation and another 5,000 on parole within the District of Columbia. In the DOC there is an imprisonment rate of 378 per 100k people and a juvenile custody rate per 100k of 286